Wednesday 21 March 2018

My Descriptive writing on Blue Cod

I've been working on descriptive writing. I've tried to give the reader a picture in the mind of the
reader.
Green = Intro
Blue = Look
Red = Feel
Yellow = Sounds


Have you ever heard of the peculier Cod? Well, i'm going to make it not so peculier and more
so interesting.


The blue cod is, hence the name, blue. It can vary in colours from greeny red to deep sea blue.
There are also different type of cod, such as the Red Cod, which also, hence the name, is Red.
Blue cod are a big type of fish and can put up a real fight when on the line. They are an
average size of 30 cm and can grow up to 50 cm. I have even heard my uncle say that his
friend's friend caught a cod 60 cm. That is big. They have spikes on its spine. Protecting it from
bigger creatures such as barracuda or even sharks. They are more a cylinder shape than
anything. Their head is almost to big for it's body and, when the tail is folded up, it can almost
seem like a small baseball bat. They also have diagonal white spots going down it's chest for
camouflage.


Cod are spiky creatures. When they feel threatened they raise up their spikes and, if not careful
can cut your line. It is not pleasant knowing there is a beautiful cod down there with a hook
through its mouth and a sinker weighing it down. Only to be eaten by bigger fish.
Cod also have incredibly sharp teeth and will bite down extremely hard when trying to remove
the hook. So move your hands!

Cod don’t really make sounds, the only sounds they do make are splashing on top of the water.
But if you have an incredible sound system, sound magnifier thingy. You could actually hear cod
swimming through the water. Cod have powerful tails and put up a real fight, when they are
eating stuff on the top of the water. They can jump spectacularly out of the water, using their
powerful tails to propel them forward.

Thank you for reading my descriptive writing. I hope you get a picture of a blue cod in your mind by
this writing.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Wil,
    I think you have really put in a great picture in my head. Although what I think you should work on is to make your blurb longer talking about what you learnt and how you learnt. Keep up your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Will!
    My name is Fraidoon and I'm a year 8 from Panmure Bridge School, I really enjoyed reading your descriptive writing about the Blue Cod. Wow, I never knew that it can grow up to 50 cm. I like how you have also given me lots of different and interesting facts about the fish. Next time could you write a some more in your introduction and give me a bit more information about what you did and learnt in your blurb. Other than that, keep up the great work!

    Your Sincerely, Fraidoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I will take that info into mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your helpful, positive, thoughtful comment on my work